I used all the scraps I had accumulated so far; sewing what I could into mini strip sets, subcutting and figuring out a layout.
I used the equilateral triangle on my cutting map as a guide for size – adding a little more to the bottom rows and making sure it was tall enough
I then trimmed down the fabric to a triangle that was just over 9 inches tall. I cut a 10 inch square in half from corner to corner and sewed the 2 triangles to either side of the tree. I realized after the first side that I needed to align the triangle to the bottom corner of the tree, instead of centering it. Bah! So i had to mend the first corner.
Now for the last tree…