I find that there is normally a good deal of extra fabric included in BOM programs. And this time around I wanted to try to use up the extra fabric in the back. I decided to do a medallion design. In addition to my leftovers, I purchased a yard of red fabric to break up the abundance of blue.
The medallion was somewhat improve sewn, taking into account how much fabric I had left and if it was yardage or already cut up. A good challenge which did use up almost all the fabric. I struggled quite a bit trying to figure out how to make the medallion twin-sized rather than square. Not sure I was all that successful, but it was a good learning exercise.